ON THE WAY


 photo blog6_zpsf1f12fa7.jpg  photo blog7_zps1f14d18c.jpg  photo blog9_zps7b4e9fbb.jpg  photo blog1_zpsb52f80fc.jpg  photo blog5_zps05b94a6a.jpg  photo blog2_zps82023519.jpg  photo blog8_zps19c400aa.jpg  photo blog4_zpsddadd46a.jpg
Rings by Rejoice the Hands, Coyote Negro and Southset (now Of Earth and Stars); Volcom pants; Jo Mercer shoes; Cait Miers Washed Elegance photo book. 

So, I acquired three really excellent things last week – a car, a banjo, and my Harley boots back from the re-solers – but I have none of them actually here. To wit, the banjo is en route from the supplier, the car is back at the farm approximately 2000km away, and I had to take my boots back to the shop because the glue didn’t take properly in one spot.

These kind of occurrences are totally indicative of my life in general … happy – occasionally disappointing and frustrating – but mostly happy, and forever in anticipation of something good in the works, which isn’t quite here yet. 

ALSO, there was one more excellent arrival in my life last week ...
When we were moving house last year, we found a weird, tentacle-y, potted succulent in our backyard, hidden under a bush. As with anything vaguely interesting that I stumble across, I took it with me.
Then last week it sent out some unusual looking shoots, and I started to second-guess my assessment of it as a benign alien-plant.
It was up to something. 
But, as it turns out, it was just flowering; producing one perfect, five-petaled bloom. I've been told it's a carrion flower -- Stapelia -- which is kind of gross, but the stink is definitely outweighed by the weirdness and beauty. 

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Your pictures make me want to improve my photography and think more freely :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hand painting, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pictures! <3
    http://www.lenouveaugrunge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Such great finds. I am loving the fifth image of the blue pots.

    Nakao
    blog.nakaomatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and textures! Simply amazing! So juicy! <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...